Apply for our Client Strategist - Strategic Advisory Position
Client Strategist - Strategic Advisory
Reports to: Head of Strategic Advisory Primary Responsibility
The Client Strategist’s (“CS”) primary responsibility is to oversee all aspects of the client experience for assigned Strategic Advisory’s clients. The Client Strategist plays a critical role in the integrated team-based approach.
A successful candidate should possess a high degree of desire and dedication to client service and the confidence to work with a broad range of investment concepts and financial planning strategies. It is important for this individual to have exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Relationship Management and Client Service
• Work directly with clients to develop an advisory relationship and gather information related to client’s financial circumstances and goals.
• Oversee all aspects of managing multiple client relationships.
• Determine client’s financial objectives, risk tolerance and capital requirements.
• Interact with client’s other advisors, including: tax advisors, estate counsel and other professionals.
• Prepare and deliver presentations relating to ongoing maintenance of client relationships.
• Analysis and research related to financial and investment planning.
• Coordinate with investment team to determine proper risk budget and investment program.
• Contribute to the development of best practices related to relationship management and client service.
• Continually seek ways and develop methods to deepen client relationships and target next generation.
Analysis and Communications
• Contribute to the development of client presentations and on-going communication materials.
• Assist in the review and analysis of client portfolios and financial planning needs.
• Assist in the review and analysis of prospect portfolios and financial planning needs.
• Request materials as needed to support analytical efforts and client requirements.
• Coordination of presentations of the firm’s investment and service capabilities, including developing content and managing meetings for prospective clients and their advisors.
• Work closely with investment team in order to effectively represent them in front of clients.
• Help the client service team prepare content/message for the quarterly client meeting book template.
• Provide written commentary for client quarterly reporting and ad hoc requests.
• Develop strong working relationship with and understanding of all internal departments: Research/Portfolio Management, Sales and Marketing, Compliance, Operations and Trading.
• Maintenance of active contact with known referral source relationships and prospective clients and proactive efforts to develop new business opportunities.
• Development of opportunities with existing clients to provide additional services and manage additional assets.
• Initiate and engage in meetings with individuals and referral sources to raise awareness of firm and its capabilities.
• Play role in firm’s RFP responses.
• Work within a flat team structure and make meaningful contributions to the broader group.
• Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and ensure that the customer first principle is embedded into all procedures and processes.
• Minimum requirement of a college degree. Preference given to candidates who are pursuing or have obtained the CFA designation or other advanced business or investment related designation.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the investment management or financial services industry.
• Comprehension of capital markets, investment securities and investment terminology.
• Knowledge of the various asset classes and investment management styles, asset allocation techniques, investment strategies, and strategic tax planning.
• Experience in consultative approach to advising individuals and families including asset allocation and financial planning strategies.
• Ability to operate independently with a high level of direct responsibility.
• Effective communicator and collaborative professional.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Notable attention to detail and self-initiated follow-through.
• Highly motivated and self-starter capable of managing long-term relationships and initiating and cultivating new client relationships.
Please submit résumé and questions to Trisha McConaghy at email@example.com for consideration. Subject line should read ”Résumé”.